Thursday 18 June 2015

Reasons why



Recently I have posted in Facebook a message about the fact of leaving music. First of all, I need to say thanks to all the people who answered back and showed their care about this decision

This time I’d like to talk about the reasons why cos, as you can guess, it’s not a happy story.

I’ve been getting such a bad experiences in the last 6 years that whenever I load my sequencer the only thing I feel is hate. Even when I listen to great producers I don’t feel anything at all. I have lost that “catchy thing” of producing…

As I said, in the last 6 years I’ve been walking to a deep hole, specially, after realizing that those “amazing producers” (I’m sure you know them all) I listened to everyday were some really fucking people, told lies about their shows and their music or got success jumping onto other smaller producers.

Probably you think this doesn’t matter but, in my case, I cannot listen to a producer who’s turning the music industry into a nightmare, specially cos I had to live that nightmare.

When I started working in the trance music scene and had good ideas to make music (not now) I got the chance to work with cool producers from my country. I tryed my best and gave all I could (including my hardware synths). Years later I lost my hardware, my ideas and even my money. There was too much talent in that team but there were too many m* fuckers aswel. 

Since then, music industry has changed a lot: Now producers want to work fast and release 2 or 3 tracks a week. This makes all songs are the same thing produced like serially in a factory. Dynamic in electronic music was totally destroyed using maximizers in every channel… Too many changes for an old mind like mine… I just love big melodies, not simple ones created by thousands of teenagers.

My drive in the trance scene has been going down and down at the point that I prefear my oldest songs (I know most of people around do). 

In nature, whatever animal that does not adapt itself to the environment dies and that’s my case.

What happens in music industry is sad cos only killers survive. Do I have to become a killer? Mmmm, I don’t think so; I don’t see music that way.

For the moment the only option I have is to keep on teaching and, maybe, keep on thinking about what to do with all of this.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the bad English!


2 comments:

  1. Iris, I understand you fully well. I discovered you online at a time I was trying to make a positive change in my life musically back in 2006. Your ability influenced me to go try to make trance. Once you helped me to mix and master one of my tracks and I thank you so much. I loved Trance then and I still do today. But I know where you are coming from because I live in the entertainment capitol of the world. Music has changed in the way you described it. Music is now based on trends, those who don't follow the trend are discarded. This same thing is happening to Rock as well. Music has become too dispensable. Too many people with a laptop, too many producers, too many home studios. It is an oversaturation of a market that once was a machine for creation and invention. I have gone off and on from creating Trance for the past 3 years. But I love music in general and so do other types of music that bring happiness to me. I suggest that you stop and re invent yourself. The synthesizer is an exclusive instrument that has only been around since 1970. You are one of the elite of a group of women around the world who create music with such a tool. Don't sell your equipment. For now give it a rest, listen to other forms of expression that perhaps can influence you to write different. Perhaps you might end up doing soundtracks for movies or television in Europe. Perhaps you want to enter the new growing market of Modular synthesizers. All I'm saying is give yourself a chance to re evaluate. You have the talent for music it is obvious, perhaps your calling is somewhere else within the music universe. There are many paths to happiness in art. I wish you the best Raquel Rodríguez Conde, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Antonivs! I'm thinking about taking a rest. Sometimes I want to load my sequencer again. I've been producing for such a long time that I feel a bit "addicted". Anyway I don't have fresh ideas anymore and I guess that's happening for a reason :(

    I'm not going to sell my hardware (I love them too much). Probably I'll keep on working with chillout music or maybe pop. I love all styles so whatever thing called music will be great for me.

    Thanks for keeping in touch. Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete